View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 07:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
RaggedyMan

Morning - day 34... a rare visit from a proper keyboard...

I feel a shift happening - when I was in day range 15-25, the day count seemed to grow so slowly, I looked particularly at Calm and Scott and thought "Great job, 40s or 50s, it's so far away", now I see my days growing in number and I will be in the 40s next week. It does get easier.

I rejoined SR on 17th December and then several emotional and stressful events hit my family life very quickly, had I not have commit to being sober the last 5 weeks would have involved increased consumption with many awful peaks and troughs of anxiety, hangovers, arguments etc. Looking back, although it has been stressful and we are navigating these issues in a remarkably calm manner, this would have been impossible with alcohol. My temperament is so much more even and I feel so much more resilient.

I officially extended my "I don't drink anymore" circle of people to my 20 year-old daughter this morning, and I think she is already having similar feelings about herself (not that drinking is an issue - but I think she is questioning whether it worth it all in any amount).

Anyway keep working on those day counts - it gets better all the time.