View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MaxVano

Originally Posted by Spybee007 View Post
Not asking for medical advice, but I wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar.

So after a binge session (Monday, Thursday and Saturday - 12-15 beers in a day) I will wake up hungover on the off days of course. I drink a bunch of water and eat all day and feel crappy all day and then later in the day I get extremely tired like cant keep my eyes open and as I dose off, I will wake up gasping for air as if I was holding my breath. This ONLY happens when hungover, I go weeks sober sometimes or even days and it only happens when hungover. Has anyone else experienced this? I am pushing hard to quit before my 40th birthday here in a few days! I have been at this for nearly 20 years and it's gone on way too long. The breathing thing didn't start until maybe a few years ago.
I am NOT a doctor, but I have been down this road for some time now.

The extreme lethargy, the tiredness, not being able to keep your eyes open, is a sign of liver damage. You may cirrhosis of the liver. I have it from 25+ years of heavy drinking. The gasping for air, not sure, but have low oxygen in your blood could be related to liver damage. Alcohol destroys our blood over time. It can't do it's job. I have enlarged blood cells related to my cirrhosis, I understand that my blood cells couldn't carry oxygen as well after the liver damage, so they grow larger to try to carry more oxygen to the cells.

You need to see a doctor my friend. Please stop drinking. Please read Alcohol Explained by William Porter. That book and this forum helped me turn the corner and quit for over 7 months now. Please get some medical help. You can live your life without booze.

-Max