Old 12-07-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by ADD View Post
I'm not sure how I handled it and stuff but I was running off of nothing but emotions as everything is still so new.
I also think you handled that really well, considering it came out of the blue. She was prepared for that exchange, you weren't. You were honest, that's all you can do.

I think it is a good idea though, in this situation, to decide in advance what you aren't going to bring up. You have said what you have to say so if she texts again or you do, maybe you decide you won't mention the relationship or how she's doing mentally - or whatever you don't really want to bring up. That just saves you being caught by surprise, you know what I mean?

You might decide that nothing, from your point of view, is off the table, that's ok too, but giving it some thought makes you feel more confident.

Wait for her or don't, that's absolutely your choice, but recovery can take years, I wouldn't put yourself on the shelf, go on and have fun, do things you enjoy, spend as much time with your friends as you like. Like, for instance, if you want to travel to Mexico, don't wait for her. You really don't want to set yourself up for disappointment and more hurt.