View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Payne9

Originally Posted by sage1969 View Post
Kaya's is so correct on this. You're only 6 months in, you don't have the commitments of a marriage, shared finances, children -- go, and quickly!

I thought I'd go through you OP, and with love, I'm marking the red flags I see. I could actually highlight almost all of this.

He is telling you straight out that he doesn't want this relationship. He's been somewhat honest in admitting his alcoholism. Whether he'll follow through with therapy, rehab, living sober in recovery, that is in the future and you have no way of knowing.

If you take the alcoholism out of the equation for a moment, if he were to break up with you, you would be hurt and heart - broken, but could you respect it if he said he wasn't feeling the relationship? It would be painful, but you'd let him go because he wants to break up? So why would you want to stay with someone who is an alcoholic, someone who is obviously already ill from this progressive disease, who does not treat you well?

You have a lot of life in front of you. Let go of this last six months.
Thank you for doing that . It’s crazy that I needed you to highlight it for it to click . I guess my confusion was when we are good, it’s really good. You are right he straight out told me he can’t do this anymore . I need to let him be. I haven’t contacted him at all today . His mom reached out but she enables him. I appreciate your words !! Thank you