View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 08:10 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Indisposed

Honestly - if she ever calls, of course I'd be willing to hear her out. I would let her do more of the talking at first because of course she knows I'm heartbroken. Does she realize what she's done to me, or feel remorse? Like most have said in this thread, probably not because her attention is fully on her addiction 1st, and the rehab romance 2nd. I'm probably a fragment of her imagination right now.

Of course I'll reach out to you guys, and ask for advice. I'm still trying to think how I'll react if that day comes where I get a text or call. She deserves to get chewed out (lol), but I'm trying to be the bigger person here. When you tell me you don't want to talk to me, and disrespect me two days later, I'm not going to beg for your attention or be the one to reach out to you.

This no contact stuff has taken alot of patience, and inner strength. I think I would have failed by now if she wasn't in some kind of romance fling right now though. Knowing she's in that, and 2 hours away at rehab has helped me keep my distance.

I still worry about her well being, because when I researched the guy and found out he was a felon, ALL his close friends are felons and the majority are heroin addicts. I'm not getting involved with felons because as everyone knows, they are unpredictable and I value my life too much to get killed or hurt over a bad decision my ex made. I just hope she's smart enough to eventually realize this is a mistake, and she continues on with her soberty and lead into recovery.