Old 11-29-2021, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

TerpGal......I suspect that you are going through a grieving process over the things that you feel that you have lost. We always grieve the loss of the things that we lost. Perhaps you stuffed your emotions at the time.....but emotions that have been swept under the rug, have a way of bubbling to the surface at a later time.
I also think that at a ti me of great change, we tend to re-evaouate our lives. I seems to me like you might be transitioning the enormous time and energy from achieving conception-----to the realities of devoting your life to the care and nurturing the new life.
My suggestion----why not consider engaging the assistance of a good therapist to guide you through processing the hidden resentments toward your husband and yourself. It would certainly be a good investment in the future of your family.
There is also the fact of the advent of a new baby always brings new stressors into the relationship. This is inevitable, as babies, as wonderful as they are, are exhausting and demanding.
Best to be aware of this and, dealing with these residual emotions would help strengthen your relationship and marriage---a preparation and strengthening for the road ahead..