View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 04:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
velma929

Originally Posted by Ez0221 View Post
II look back like I enabled her to lie and treat me like this even though there were times where I stood my ground and told her how hurtful she is to people and needs to take a long look in the mirror...

I feel like those type of places should test alcoholics every single day and hold them accountable if they fail...

I do believe she wants to get clean, but she didn't really go into this willingly. It wasn't until it was pushed upon her so strongly by her mom and I and her having no where to go...
Standing your ground would have been better accomplished by walking away from someone who treated you badly.

Hold addicts accountable? How- exactly? Lock someone up (who hasn't broken the law?) Take away the playstation or the keys to the car?

There is nothing at all in you posts that even hint she wanted to stop.

I think sometimes we see a situation (sometimes addiction, but other things. too) and perceive ourselves as knights on white horses, who can ride in and save somebody else. It's fine to 'see potential' but in the end, the effort to realize that potential is an inside job.

Someone posted here recently that a qualifier told him/her that the only thing accomplished by discussing drinking was ruining the little bit of peace drinking provided. That's a profoundly sad way to go through life.