View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
trailmix

Yes, consistency, dependability and predictability are underrated attributes!!

I know what you mean about being back at "that place" - the eggshell place. I go there sometimes myself in different situations.

One thing that I have noticed is that I am still very sensitive when anyone raises their voice or says something in an unkind tone to me. I've been told a couple of times (in these situations) that they didn't mean anything by it and I'm "too sensitive". My reply now is - I am perfectly sensitive, for me. I also find it atrocious when people expect you to be sensitive to them (because you are) but don't like you being sensitive in general. So I'll bring that up too. You can't have it both ways!

Anyway, it happens less and less and I accept it has nothing to do with me.

I mention this because I hope you will take all the time you need to heal and set those boundaries. People can accept you as you are, or not, that's out of your control.

Originally Posted by GoldenDog View Post
I won't be taking his calls everyday, i'll let him go to voice mail and return his calls later on, if it's even necessary.
I really hope this will be your first boundary. Why is he calling you all the time anyway? I guarantee it's not doing you any good but obviously does something for him. This boundary would be a great step.