View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 05:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Mizz

Time to get back to business.
I had a long run, weights and abs yesterday which then put me to sleep for a few hours in the afternoon. I spent the day being unproductive. Monday has come around too quickly. I am going to request a few days off today. A weekend with a Monday and Tuesday.....This should have me feeling a bit more rested and rejuvenated. In theory.....should. We will see.

I finally got to watch Cruella. I LOVED IT! What a great film.

My coworker texted in yesterday about work and I did not engage. I am not a salaried employee and I will not work on my time off. I spent years answering emails and texts about work without actually being at work and I was not paid for all of that work. So, I am happy to have kept this boundary and to have deleted the text. Boundaries. We all need them. This may seem selfish or not worth mentioning but for me to uphold this boundary means a lot to my life and actually having a life that is not defined by my work.

In all honesty, my employers have taken advantage of people in regards to piling on more work without compensation. Its worded in a smooth way of "We think you would like this" or "You asked for this" or ....Lots of interesting wording. I ran the social media accounts for a year with my own equipment, my own phone bill. etc. and they did not offer any compensation. I billed them after a year. YES! I wrote up an invoice and submitted it. "Here is for the last year of using my data and equipment!" What happened after that bill? The social media was given to another department and company equipment was bought for that department to use. I didn't mind that it was removed from my already over full plate. I did mind that I had asked for provided equipment and It was not provided. It took another person to say "Maybe we should buy the store its own equipment!" to get it done. Holy hell! Anyways.....So, my boundaries are firmly in place and I will not budge from those boundaries. These things seem trivial but when they start to pile up resentment sets in. Selfish in a good way is how I see this!

Spiritual practice for 20 minutes
No emails or texts
Small bit of reading
Candy! I had candy and now I am cut off!
No spending of money.