Old 10-29-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
katlin

Hello all from wild, wonderful, wet and windy West Virginia! It's a dreary day in my neck of the woods, but also another beautiful alcohol-free day.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts this morning. LHW - I hope you have a wonderful time in Vegas. I've never been and for some reason it's never been on my list of places I'd like to visit. When I mention this to folks in "real life" I get versions of the same response which is something like "that's because you've never been ... you don't know what you're missing". Maybe one of these days I'll give it a try. Free - seems you're going to win the award for most miles logged in one trip. Your destinations sound so eclectic and fun. Mammoth Caves? How neat!

Bodhi - I am really glad to read that the blahs have lifted. I agree totally that the AV starts sneaking up on us when our resistance is low. I appreciate all the kind words as a result of my full disclosure post yesterday evening. Just knowing I could confess my feelings helped put them in perspective. I enjoyed a quiet night and turned in early. Woke up feeling fine today ... not hearing a peep from the AV so far.

Numblady - so sorry to hear that your workmates seem to be dropping like flies. I know that has to be so frustrating. For me, getting almost to the end of any big project is the worst. I'd be so very sick of all the ups and downs, delays, expectations and spend a lot of time in my head just wishing it was over. As I'm sure you know, once it is actually accomplished and you remember it you'll likely feel so accomplished (and thankful it's over) and proud of yourself. Fingers crossed the rest of the timeline and components go well to successful completion.

NL - also thanks for your kind words about my "sober vacation project". Yes, I do feel proud but I also recognize that (as your former classmate) for me it's sometimes the mundane that is difficult to deal with. I think CP mentioned this as well as guarding against complacency being triggers. I've always been the type of person who can rally and motivate for the big things. But, maintenance has been difficult (I think I get bored). I realize that mindset can be dangerous in the sobriety journey because it really is about maintaining our status quo of being non-drinkers. I am trying to see each day as a target/goal and as an accomplishment when achieved alcohol-free. I guess that's sort of the foundation of the AA mentality? One day at a time?

SS - I'm trying to keep up to date on your holistic thread. I need to focus so much more on the health and wellness facets of sober life. I've been overly kind to myself with my non-alcohol treats and need (still) to get a handle on it. If I'm honest, I felt like a Pavlov dog reading your recipe for the Breyer's milkshake. My goodness that sounds great.

As always, like everyone else I'm so very thankful for Dee and Venus.

That's all for now. Hope everyone stays safe and strong this weekend!