Old 10-26-2021, 02:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LovelyKaya33333

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
That's possibly true. Then again, if people were attracted to you because of your nature to take care of people, that's not a horrible trait!

The thing is, from what I have seen and heard, there aren't that many people, generally, that are that caring or nurturing, that don't have balance. I think the problems occur when you don't have those checks and balances in place (I'm sure you have already thought about that). Unfortunately, without that balance, there are many that will take advantage of your giving nature.

I've not a huge push over, but there are many times in my life where I have gone above and beyond not necessarily caring for myself, because I can be that person too. Those times never lasted that long though because my inner voice would be saying hold on - what exactly ARE you doing? And I would listen.

- The person that goes above and beyond looking out for others:

With no thought of their own wellbeing
Will catch themselves and change that but still don't really take time caring for themselves (and may therefore end up in the same kind of situations)
Will catch themselves and change that and decide it's time to care for themselves and apply that going forward

We can all have been in all these situations (I have). Where are you in this list?
I think I end up catching myself and go to self care now. I don’t think I did when I was a teenager though. I would show up for people and then feel disappointed when my bday would come around for example and nothing was planned for me. I have heard from a few of my life long friends in some form or another that they just thought I was always ok and always had my **** together