View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 08:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Leftinthedust

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I agree, has to be a selfish pursuit, it's that serious (as you already know). She can obviously barely care for herself at this point so no, she has no time (or will) to care for others.

She is well in to addiction and I agree with Dandylion, at this point she probably does consider you to be the enemy - that's unfortunately how addiction can work - try to stand in its way and get mowed over.

There is "sober" which merely means not drinking or using other drugs and there is "recovery" which she is obviously no where near. It means accepting that they have no control over alcohol, that there is work to be done to repair all the damage to themselves (mentally at least) and to others (hopefully make amends somehow). This is far down the road.

Where will she go when she finishes rehab? Are there any sober living facilities perhaps?

These aren't really your concerns anyway, her recovery (or not) is hers, except the where will she go afterward part since you have to live with that. Other than that, your time will be so much better spent focusing on you and your Daughters. Alcoholism affects all of you and has probably been the center of your worlds for quite some time. It doesn't need to be. That can be a hard mindset to get out of, but it can be done and I think you will find when the focus of your family is you and your children, life will be much happier for you.
Yeah, wow, good questions… where will she go out of rehab? I don’t know as she won’t talk to me, her parents or my 30-YO stepdaughter. She told my stepdaughter at the beginning of September that she was working to get a 45- minute “family” ( not sure that included me), Zoom call initiated from her facility. That never transpired. Since then we’ve ( myself and her oldest daughter, my stepdaughter) elected to go on silent mode just as she has. Guess the next thing she hears is “You’ve been served”. I’ve been wanting to hold off on that, but the more I hear others stories of similar situations, the more I feel I’d be the “one legged man in an ass-kicking contest”. I’ll never win, or not win, but just some answers to the emotional and potentially physical infidelity. Don’t know if I’ll ever figure out what I did that was so bad that she’d seek solace in someone else…