Old 10-18-2021, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ClearPath64

SS, I think that the quote on your signature line sums things up pretty well.

“For me, it went from the problems I was having when I was actually drinking….to the problems I was having when I was actually not drinking.”

Lack of motivation or direction. Complacency. Stuck. Whatever you want to call it. Besides my running, I can’t seem to muster the ambition to accomplish much of anything. Sometimes I feel like a child in this respect. If I had someone to tell me what I need to do, and hold me accountable to that, I would go above and beyond to meet their expectations. But I seem to have no clue on how to be a self-starter and motivate myself. Self-doubt creeps in quickly, before I can take that first step in any direction. Maybe I can sum it up best this way. I feel the most content when I’m moving towards a goal, but I seem to be unable to set one.

In the past, this type of frustration would build until I just threw in the towel and went back to my six-pack pacifier for temporary relief. It’s not going to happen this time. I will learn how to process these feelings and move past them. Maybe tough love is the answer. Just turn off the brain and dive in. Get your lazy self off the couch and do something, even if you’re not comfortable. That’s what I would tell my kids to do, minus the “lazy” part.

Actions speak louder than words. I seem to have the 'words' part mastered. Thanks for listening. I hope everyone is having a good day.