View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 07:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Mizz

And...... The eye doctor called yesterday and let me know they had set an appointment with the wrong doctor. The soonest I can get in is mid December with the right person/ doctor. Also, my insurance is in network so that is very very helpful. I was worried a bit about the insurance and going out of state and out of network. .....

The coloring of this eye splotch/ mark has changed and that is why I am going. There is some questionable stuff there or concern to get a second opinion.... says the eye doctor here.... .... Nothing that I cannot handle. The truth is that there is nothing to handle right now. NOW. So, Im working to not get ahead of my thoughts and working to stay present. Its not that hard. Out of sight.....of of mind. Take stuff as it comes. It is most likely nothing. If its something then we deal with the something and keep on moving forward with positivity, hope and determination.

My gauge for all of this: I close my left eye and look around with my right eye and ask myself " CAN YOU STILL SEE?"
The answer has been an emphatic "YES! I CAN SEE OUT OF MY RIGHT EYE!" So, all seems to be going well. I also have taken to not looking at this splotch .....The doctor has asked if the splotch has changed? "Im not trying to focus on it. I can make up all kinds of stuff in my head and so I will leave it to you to tell me what you think. Do you think it has changed, Mr. Eye Doctor?"

I am not a good source of information. I know its MY EYE but really don't ask me my opinion. To me this splotch looks awful and large and I dont want to get carried away. Is this helpful for the doctor? No. Probably not. Not helpful at all. He has the machines and the pictures and the eye drops that turn the eye neon green. I just have me and my brain and this splotch in my eye......I think I should probably think about a different approach so I can be helpful to these people who are trying to help me.