View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GramCracker25

What I've Noticed

Today is my 9th day of sobriety and even though I've been here before, this feels different...permanent.

I've been noticing some things about being sober and I am keeping a list of pros and cons. Here's what I have so far in no particular order:

Pros1. No alcohol cravings at all
2. My "allergies" are gone! Aparently, most of my allergies are alcohol related. Who would have thought?
3. Money saved. I would typically purchase 2 or 3 single shots for $2 or $3 dollars a day. I could get 2 shots of vodka for $1 in most stores.
But, this leads to the next savings.
4. Money saved by not purchasing snacks, fast food or something else my loopy self would mindlessly eat. Which leads to...
5. No overeating. I would wake fro my "nap" and have empty plates with very vague memories of eating the food. Which leads to...
6. Weight loss. Less alcohol and food is resulting in weight loss. Not much but slowly changing to the way I ate when I was healthy is becoming the norm.
7. I am reclaiming my "nap" time. I would typically use alcohol to make me nap, which would be anywhere from 2 - 4 hours. I was useless when I woke. Dee gave a name to this, but I don't recall it at the moment.
8. My OCD is back. I wasn't sure if this was a pro or con because it's not debilitating...it keeps me on my toes so I'm putting this in the "pros" list.

Cons

1. I get easily irritated. That is truly all I can think of for a con due to my sobriety.

Does anyone else have a similar list? Would you be willing to share?

❤️