View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mizz

Creating New Habits

I've been working towards changing a few habitual behaviors and I think an accountability thread will help. I will log the progress I am making daily for awhile until I make some headway and see that I am creating these new healthy habits.

1) Spending money at work
Its easy to pull out the bank card and buy a coffee for myself. Buy a coffee for someone else. Buy a small cheesecake for someone's birthday or celebration. Buy. Buy. Buy. All of the small purchases add up BIG TIME at the end of the month. This is not serving me financially.

2) sugar intake
I consume about two San Pelligrino sodas a day. A dessert. Some chocolate in my coffee, etc. All of this sugar consumption is not healthy and even though I have given myself a pass on this for various reasons...... I need to cut it down and knock it off. I am not getting any younger here. I also know the sugar consumption contributes to RLS at night. Will I be 100% sugar free? I dont know but I gotta start somewhere.

3) 15 minutes of spiritual practice in the mornings
I chant every morning. Gongyo and Daimoku. The chanting portion seems to be less and less time. With less time I notice that I am not as centered as I could be. I need to be grounded and centered and focused.

4) Reading
I intend to read 15 to 25 minutes a day and I just dont prioritize my books. It is important that I am not spending too much time zoned out on electronics and streaming platforms. I want to create the habit of feeding my brain nightly.

5) Sobriety
I am now a few days into my second year of sobriety. I will continue to check into SR on the Sober bus in the mornings. I will ensure I am safe and sober. I will continue to participate daily on the SR newcomers thread. I dont want to stray and lose myself again!

DAY ONE OF CREATING NEW HABITS!
Good Luck, Mizz!

Last edited by Dee74; 03-28-2022 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Member request title change from ‘Creating NEW HABITS - YEAR TWO