View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober369

Sending hugs, WL. It's a lot to process. I'm praying for your dad and for you.
My grandmother didn't drink for most of her life, and my grandfather was an alcoholic. He was really terrible, always drunk, gone for days to who knows where. She had eight children during the depression and wasn't able to keep them all fed. But she held up and did her best, until my grandfather got sober in AA, met a new woman and left her. Then, she started drinking, got super sick from it and died a few years later. Such a tragedy for all those kids, and for her, of course. It's a terrible disease, to be sure.
TC, it's good to hear you're having peace and serenity. It's a big difference from a few weeks ago when you were so sick in body and spirit.
I'm enjoying my day off. I go back tomorrow. I think I'll love this job. I got to meet my residents yesterday. I'll be working in memory care, but at Arbor they divide the residents into two neighborhoods for memory care. One is the severely impaired and one is the less severe. I'll be in the less severe, which I prefer a lot. They are such a fun group.
Have a great sober day everyone, and enjoy the weekend!