Old 09-30-2021, 01:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ldmblack

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Ldm......By what you have shared. it appears that he has been gone only about 4-5 months? I know that feels, to you, like an eternity----but, to the grieving heart, it really does take more time than that to begin to see blue skies, again. Especially. if you have invested yourself into something very deeply.
I would expect you to have many many feelings to still go through.
My experience with grieving this kind of loss---and my observation of others going through the same thing---there is a period of doing intensive, almost constant rumination about the relationship----and, asking question after question and filtering through all of the memories of everything that happened. Sometimes, to the point that one's brain is just spinning----and feeling just suspended i n confusion and feeling dysphoric----This does feel strange and painful.
This does niot last forever----eventually, the pictures inside of our head begin to "settle"---bit, by bir, to something that makes more "sense" to us---and, slowly--bit by bit. we begin to turn our thought more toward the future than living in just the past.
If you are feeling or relating to any of this---I suggest that you can still expect some more of this Natural Process. Grief thates the time that it takes...and, grief will take its Own time.

This is going to be a time of great change for you. How you feel now is not what you will feel in the future.
As we hit life's challenges and crises and live through them---we all change to some degree.

Now, I don't really expect you to believe anything that I am saying to you....and, you probably hate hearing this kind of stuff. I don't expect you to---as you are in too much fresh pain to absorb it, I expect.
But, make note of it, because you may remember it, later.
dandylion.....Our divorce will be final next week. I went to Florida in April where he still told me I love you and have great trip as it was my birthday and I came home 10 days later to him saying he could not do this anymore and wanted out. So May 7th I filed for divorce and he stayed living in the house until a couple weeks ago. It was a long painful summer seeing him and watching him want nothing to do with me and drink and go disappear at his friends. As many times that I did try to talk to him and save our marriage he just kept saying all the same things that he is not happy but doesnt know why, he needs to fix himself, if he stays here hes living a lie and will die a drunk and I did not do anything wrong it is all him. So technically he has been gone out of the house for a couple weeks so it is really RAW that he is gone but all of his stuff is still here in the house. I really wish he would have left a long time ago so I could have started the healing process sooner but here I am. The memories in our house is hard - he proposed to me here - we had our reception here and have built so many memories - he was truly the one true love and I do not know if I will ever get over him and sadly if he did come back I would take him back in a heart beat. As I look back at my life and some of the guys I dated and my high school boyfriend that I married for 6 mnths - I realized after them what kind of person I wanted and Bill my current husband was exactly that (except the alcohol) and now I am afraid that I will just be alone unless he comes back in my life.