View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 07:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
Saw him again today and he said to me. I didn't say anything I just felt paralyzed with shame. I don't know how to deal with this. I've spent the better part of the last 5 years alone so I don't know how to deal with conflict. I'm not good at this and feel to afraid to deal with it. I don't even no why I said what I said. Sometimes I feel like a passenger in my own mind because I just do things and give very little thought to them.
David
I don't understand the bolded (by me) bit, David.

You have as much right to be in AA as anyone. Everyone says things that are a little off-color or that offend someone for one reason or another. The solution is to apologize and let it go. This is a fantastic learning experience. AA is a smaller version of the world at large and a safe place (for the most part) to practice your people skills that have been unused for a while.

I understand how long-term isolation can lead to over-sensitivity when encountering people again, that happened to me too. Conflict is inherent in interactions, and misunderstandings happen.

Remember that people in AA have their own very serious issues, mentally. We all have our stuff, we are all Beautiful Creations and we all make mistakes.

I hope you will forgive yourself.