View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 08:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
vicki
Paused

kimmie

Some friends in the program got me a computer, printer etc., another old friend got me a scanner and now a couple people got together got me DSL and I was having it installed tonight and after installation I saw that you had a message. Relapse is a part of the illness untreated. Why we have directions to follow in the BB is to guard against those things. I do not know what would happen to me if I ever relapsed, if I lived could I make it back? I don't know. It doesn't make you a bad, or wothlesss program, if this gets you to become more convinced, it's a hurrah, actually. You see I was convinced by alcohol, it did me in, I couldn't do it no more but I still wanted to drink (had the obssessionin my mind) for about 2 1/2 months until a gal friend of mine died of cancer and I was going thru it with her and I just had prayed, bargained, rationalized, justified with God, until I exploded and got really mad at Him and then just gave it all up. So the obssession left me for awhile, it was completely gone after working the steps from the Bb for awhile. Alcohol is the great persuader (paraphrased from BB p48) . We start over everyday and every moment of everyday. Keep on keepin on. Above all take it one day at a time (I have good friends today,) vicki