Thread: New quit
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 05:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Cornishman

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Hi everyone,

Going to be hanging around here some again. Last drink was 8/19/21. Still have this pattern of sobriety for weeks/months and then slipping up but during those slip ups saying mean things to my wife, getting depressed again and doing things that will make me lose my job. Even though I don't drink often, when I do it always seems to have severe (potential) consequences. Still trying to see how things will be with work after interacting with a customer and not remembering the interaction. That is still hanging over my head as I have not talked with the customer since and need to to hopefully fix things. Not good. Wife is/was pretty pissed as I said some very mean things. She won't hang around forever that is for sure. Last quit I almost made it to a year! Here is to a lifelong quit this time!

Max
After relapsing many times and currently being off the drink; I can honestly say, it isn't worth having even one drink - it gives nothing and takes everything. BUT I can't say with certainty that I won't drink again; when I've relapsed, I've often had no idea why - it feels as if the alcohol pushes aside everything else in my mind and blocks out all the arguments against it. I suppose I'll just try to be readier for those moments. Stay aware and don't give the drink the chance to step in.