View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 07:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

Congratulations on100 days! That is a wonderful accomplishment. It’s also still early recovery. I took longer to being comfortable with going out knowing drinking would be there. It does get easier with time but it may to too soon or the frequency of events is too many. I tend to visit the forums at night when I go to bed. There are plenty of reminders why we shouldn’t drink. We hear from members still suffering and members who have had incredible growth in sobriety.

I was still suffering from anxiety at 100 days. I often was a happy drunk too, being encouraged by others. Usually…there was also the unpredictability of blacking out and dancing, or breaking things being wobbly. I tried to wait to really pound drinks after I wasn’t around people and I’d be full on blackouts and that brought out the depression. So happy giddly was a delicate counting drinks act. I’d say I was grumpy until I had my drinks ….or I had anxiety …. until I had my drinks around others cause, that’s what not drinking did to me.

I feel like it was a year…my anxiety and agitation of needed a drink for social things significantly eased up. By then I also was gaining back a self confidence I has depleted with alcohol. I had seen enough get togethers that not everyone was drinking like I did. I was practiced in knowing one or two drinks just opens up the cravings beast, and whats the point of 1 or 2 anyway. All these things, and I found myself happy, secure and in better moods. I enjoyed social things and the food. I did have less thoughts of missing out. So it’s worth it. I definitely posted similar posts in my early days. I was grumpy being around it and not partaking. But now, I’m much better and happier. My friends and family have also noticed it.

TL DR - it takes time for drinking thoughts to continue to ease up after early sobriety.