View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 11:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Greensoul3982 View Post
Thank Trailmix, I know there is something fundamentally wrong with me for still needing and wanting someone like this. Or, for thinking that things could be different. I feel so rejected, betrayed, and bewildered. He turned on me like a snake. It has broken my heart into a million pieces. I cry ALL the time. I can't stop thinking about our life and how he was supposed to be there. He told me he would always be there and then after years of sobriety just like that he was gone. He wanted out saying we weren't good for each other and that the constant fighting was too much for him. So I'm to blame because I was always mad at him. He always gets to Look like the victim. He says I do better without him. I mean, could his pity party be any bigger? It's like he can't see what an idiot he is being. Then he wants to stay in touch but only as friends but he says he would do anything for me but only as friends. My head is just spinning.
This reminds me of another member's story here. Her Husband (an alcoholic) just decided one day it was a good idea to pack up the van (drunk) and drive off with his two children that were visiting from across country and move there.

His latest contact was to tell her it would have been much better if she had just been more "chill". He knows, as your ex knows, they can't have it both ways, they can't be in active addiction and be with you, addicts make terrible partners, as you already know.

Her username is LovelyKaya33333 and you can visit her profile and click on the Statistics tab to choose view all posts or view all threads. I hope you find it helpful to read her posts and the responses.

Maybe visit the F&F of alcoholics forum too?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-alcoholics/