View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 09:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
fishkiller

[QUOTE=Jillian2563;7691175]This time doesn’t seem so rough for some reason but I’ll take it. I’m processing my thoughts and emotions much better. And coming here to type my thoughts definitely helps.

Im so grateful for your feedback and everyone else’s! Just getting my thoughts out and reading everyone’s response helps me process everything, look at different views, and keep an open mind.

This sounds like me 19 months ago.
Not drinking wasn't hard as I thought it would be because I truly did not want to drink ever again but it wasn't super easy either because I had been in that pattern forever.

Just posting to let you know you are doing the right thing by posting your thoughts.
Not every reply will always be what you want to hear and some may not even apply but listening with an open mind you will gain knowledge and wisdom from even those posts.

I still have drinking thoughts. Sometimes I find myself giving them too much head space. Anything longer than a second is too long.

We Know we can't drink. We Do not Want to drink anymore.
So we dont.

Whenever I am around drinkers or have that fleeting thought of a drink I simply tell myself and anyone who asks,
I Do Not Drink.

It really is that simple