View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 06:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Jillian2563

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
Recovery is such a process. Im not sure when I made it to "recovery" but I know it was not in the first few months of getting sober. I had so much internal messiness happening that it took me months to level off and find a bit of even ground. It was around month 3 that I started to feel some sort of new balance. Up until that point I was chopping wood and carrying water. Chop wood and carry water. The early days were rough. Very rough. You are doing well. Keep doing that!
This time doesn’t seem so rough for some reason but I’ll take it. I’m processing my thoughts and emotions much better. And coming here to type my thoughts definitely helps.

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
You have an unusually good understanding of the process for the time you have been here. I sense you are simply reporting those day to day struggles most of us have dealt with, and that's good. Expressing those things is better than keeping them to yourself, and later finding out you could have found a better way to deal with them.

Sometimes I worry about sounding like a mother hen in my responses, but I think it's important to address those concerns when they are brought up. When I was at your stage, I took my concerns seriously too. Some turn out to be red herrings, but sometimes the group would offer a thing I hadn't thought of, which would make me a little more confident and a bit stronger.

Thanks for this morning's check in. You were gone for the weekend, and I was wondering how you were. OK maybe I was a little bit worried too.

Im so grateful for your feedback and everyone else’s! Just getting my thoughts out and reading everyone’s response helps me process everything, look at different views, and keep an open mind. I didn’t really have much time yesterday, as my husband and I took our late friends Chevy SSR for a cruise in his honor, went to brunch, and took the kids on the boat. It was such a wonderful day - my husband and I sure needed some alone time, and while he drank, I didn’t. Onto day 17 now. Got a list of things to do, and AA meeting is next. Getting ready to go to FL on Friday 🥰