View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

If my team had a football game I would try and delay drinking until the 2nd half so I could focus a bit. College football lots of times i ended up flipping through early games sober. Sometimes I got drunk during the late afternoon game, passed out half way through the evening game. Then came to in the middle of the night and watched the replay of the evening game I had passed out during, pitiful!

More pitiful then that. Too drunk to really focus on anything I'd watch a lot of short clips. Lots of music and movie and tv scenes. Take my drunk mind back to the old days, the good, the bad, the ugly. I dont know what it is but the kind of rebellious kid I was at 12 in the 7th grade. Constantly getting suspended from school, having a good time, just before getting expelled from public school (for the 2nd time) in 8th grade. In 8th grade I was miserable, went to schools for emotionally disturbed children, gave up on God and was an active alcoholic in another year.

Anyway I was really into Motley crue in that last fun year (1987). 86, 87ish I thought they were role models, lol. It seemed that seeing a couple crue videos middle aged and drunk would take me back to that fun loving, have a good time whatever the cost kid. It seemed motley crue vids would send me to the ATM and then the inner city to go score crack and whatever else. It could escalate all the way to the needle.

Now I watch lots of politics, sports, and car stuff. I can focus on football games and I've found a little bit of the enjoyment of the game that I had as a little boy. Drunk sometimes with my team, the drink would escalate that childish emotion and... well, I guess you know how WE can get.

Mostly listen to music on siruis xm in the car. Yeah, I will still crank up an old school motley crue song from time to time.