View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
southernman

I was a heavy Oxy user, and started Sub 2 days ago. I feel like it's miracle for me...I know its only been a couple of days, but the difference in how I feel is remarkable....I do not wake up "pill sick", and for the last 2 days, I haven't had to worry about when my script (for OC) could be filled, OR where I'd get the next dose! I've only spent 10 or 15 THOUSAND dollars buying "extras" over the last 2 years. Sub therapy is a great deal! My doc. says I will be on a maintenance dose for 6 months or so, and then we will gradually taper off of it. I hope I am out of this viscious cycle at last. I know its early, but with Sub. I feel like I mow have a fighting chance! My doc. says with a taper down dose, withdrawal symptoms are MUCH less severe than stopping abruptly. In fact, I was a "new" person when I left his office after my 1st visit. I truly believe that with the sub., counseling and support from friends and family. that I will WIN this battle. Hope the rest of you do also. Good luck