View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DriGuy

I'm actually surprised you haven't craved at this point. For most of us the loss of cravings comes later, but I have heard that cravings can just vanish <poof> with the right mindset. Rational Recovery makes this claim with the adoption of its "Big Plan," although I've never been able to accept that totally. I'm more inclined to believe loss of cravings is a combination of factors including intellectual, emotional, and even unconscious, but I'd be at a loss to list those factors.

If you do get blindsided by one of those cravings, post here and see if you can explain it before you give in. Heck, maybe you will never need to do this. Maybe your continual posting is what keeps them at bay. Much of what happens in very early recovery is still a mystery to me. I'm good a managing my long term sobriety, but the idea of going through early recovery again was something that I feared worse that death or public speaking. Now the possibility of subjecting myself to that again is something that is just "off limits."