Old 08-17-2021, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2getheryetalone

Question 2nd Pregnancy With AB -Don't Know What To Do

I've been with an alcoholic boyfriend for 10 years. In your 20's, it's confused with partying too much. Then the loud insults in front of friends, punching holes in walls, and neighbors calling cops made me think this was a problem and he needed to quit drinking. That was 6 years ago and he's been in and out of rehab since. During one of his good spells, we got pregnant with our daughter. She's three now. During the pregnancy and after she was born, he went on benders, secretly drinking during the day. We both work from home now but before the pandemic he was drinking at home while I was at work and he was watching our daughter. So I decided to buy a house and get away. He promised (we all know how those go) he wouldn't drink again if he could live with us and so I let him. It lasted about 3 months before he was back at it. I called the cops hoping I could get him removed from the house since it's my place. Apparently they can't unless he's abusive. The cycle kept going, he got better for a few months then go on week long benders, then leave for rehab etc etc. Now I'm pregnant with the second, 5 weeks in, and he's already drinking again. I said I will not go through this pregnancy alone (again) and will abort if he drinks. It's legal in my state. My problem is I'm getting older and my chances to get pregnant again are very slim. But I cannot bring another child into a home with an alcoholic and yet I cannot do it alone. I have no family nearby and my friends are childless so it's a burden for them to just watch one child, I can't imagine having them watch two. I don't know what to do. Has anyone been in my situation and stayed? Of if you left, did you keep your baby and become a solo mother of two?