View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 09:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PeacefulWater12

Originally Posted by sage1969 View Post
PeacefulWater, you are so right. What I now see as red flags, I did not see when I was young nor in adulthood through my multiple relationships. I can see where my attitudes and habits, communications and behaviors were codependent and manipulative. I accept responsibility for my choices, and I'm attempting to end the multigenerational cycle with me.

As I move forward and start making new connections and friendships, I'm being extremely cautious about healthy boundaries. I'm also seeing my children choosing to make healthy boundaries also, so I'm hopeful.
Hello Sage, this journey of learning is painful and yet so very liberating. It opens up the world to us. It stops with me too. I come from generations of codies/addicts. What a joy for you to see your children making healthier choices.

Like you, I am cautious about my boundaries as I am moving forward. I am now repelled by what used to attract me. I am very thankful for this and am enjoying it.

A big thing I notice about healthy people is that they don't try and rush me. Unhealthy people are push push push push. Big red flag!

Healthier people are so much nicer to be around than unhealthy ones. Comfortable. No eggshell walking!!

Glad you are here sharing your journey. Take care.