Old 08-03-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
BettyP

Hey Vin - I'm so grateful for your post. Last week I had a string of like really amazing days, and I literally said to a few people that I "feel reborn." And then on Saturday morning I felt the old yuckiness creeping in. Felt pretty off on Saturday even though I was trying to push through it. Sunday felt pretty crappy too, but I was able to get through work ok and it was busy but I still managed to pull off pretty strenuous mental tasks (fast-paced serving the public). Yesterday, though, so much anxiety and the "dark" feeling as I have come to know it overtook me. I had to really grit my teeth through my shift and was feeling nausea and dizzy at times, clammy and spaced out, couldn't solve simple mental tasks and easily confused. Total loss of appetite the rest of the day. Probably the worst feeling string of days I've had in a while - some of the symptoms were those I haven't felt in months, like the nausea plus tingling in my foot and just weird body pains, and it has been really discouraging. I feel today like I might be coming out of it a little. I feel less dreadful, physically, at least. I've been falling off a lot with diet and this is a wake up call that I can't just eat whatever I want - I'm going back to strictly paleo for a few weeks.
Vinny - it's a wave. A crummy, no good, downright uncomfortable PAWS wave. We will have better days - usually after these bad waves we get very good days. But like you, I'm really looking forward to ZERO bad days. Just gotta stay sober. We can do this. So much strength and support going out to you and everyone else on the thread!