View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

Back Again. Support Required.

About 2 months ago I had a drink, which broke my 3 year sobriety. I didn't drink after that, until I broke up with my partner of 12 years.

I was fine when we broke up. I had to return home because the house is still half mine and I have nowhere else to live. We're sort of together, but she feels it's best we live sperate. But it was when I came home and was "happy" that I decided to drink.

I didn't hit the bottle hard and I didn't drink because of the relationship issues; although I've no doubt it contributing. I purchased 24 bottles of Stella because I thought "The sun is out, it's a nice day, why not". But that didn't end well. I was opening a bottle at 2pm just because. After the second day I noticed I was doing this I got rid of the remaining alcohol and I haven't drank since.

I don't want this to get out of control, so I'm signing in.

I also developed a codeine addition after a nasty tooth ache during COVID. The dentist couldn't even do a filling, so now the tooth is so bad it needs a root canal. I still have to take codeine for pain sometimes, but I started using them because they felt nice.

I'm starting to see the addictive behaviors I have inherited. My Dad's family were drug addicts.

Positive news, just started a career in game development. It seems to be when things are going well there is more temptation to drink.