View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Newfella

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hi Newfella, how are you today?

I was drinking about half that amount of whiskey weekdsys and ~ 50cl at weekends but for some years rather than months. What I learned from my (many) relapses was that my alcoholism was too far advanced to be able to resist the urge to drink in the evenings. My eventual solution - discovered out of desperation after everything else had failed - was to essentially take the evenings out of my life for a few months.

I would get up at zero dark thirty, go out and jog/ walk for an hour. I would then do my days work and when I got home do all of my cooking, washing etc. By 8pm I could barely keep my eyes open.

That is an analogue method of getting sober, it's not new age-y at all but it worked way better than I dared hope. Sober for over 6 and a half years now.

It is hard but it is not hard for ever. You can be a non drinker. Good luck!
Dident think id be writing this but Soz for the guys who praised me but dont think these meds worked for me, i dreaded not sleeping again tonight so iv gone and just bought another bottle, its not like me, going two days after such a long period of abuse to just give in so quick, not sure if its the benzos, but regardless from what iv heard taking diazepam, librium and alcohol together can be deadly (i highly doubt it though)

Too add: not taken any librium today as only had 20 but apparently they stay in system 200 hours not to mention valium.