View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newfella

I finally found a forum

Hello, i never found a forum for alcohol in past so hopefully this can help.

currently been drinking 70cl vodka every evening for probably 4 months, i have started/quit many times in past but i really shouldn't drink.

i am on quitiapine and fluoxetine for depression for probably 10 years so when i drink there is a possibility for seizures or anything else, i never leave the house when drinking as the very few times i have very bad things have happened.

Recently i have for the first time tried alcohol withdrawal medications (bought online)

diazipam helped calm me but not stop the cravings so ended up taking both for around two weeks.

yesterday i tried librium, i took around 100mg throughout the day but this dident help with sleep so i had 5mg diazepam ontop, finally i went to sleep and that was the first day i haven't drunk alcohol for 4 months.

i have no librium left but im hoping to use diazepam for the following days and just hope iv overcome the worst part (first day) and dont relapse.

spoke to my doctor who said a certain detox facility but i cant afford to have this problem on my record as i will loose my driving licence.