Thread: Made a mistake
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 07:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
I don’t know what happened or how I got it in my brain I was going to drink yesterday, but seriously wish I hadn’t. My Saturday is ruined because I feel horrible. I missed my meetings Thursday and Friday so maybe that’s where I messed up. I cannot drink ever again. Why is this so hard?
Are you certain you don't know what happened Jillian? Below are the words you just wrote 7 days ago - pay attention particularly to the words in bold. If indeed you are wanting sobriety, you have to do the work. If AA is your chosen method, then you have to go to meetings, work the steps via your sponsor. If you don't like your sponsor, find a different one. If you can't get a ride, find a ride from someone else. If the online meeting isn't working out, find one that does. If nothing else, schedule time in your work calendar for sobriety - label it as such and make sure that you come here every single day prior to the end of the work day and read this post. This is all about the choices you make, not about external factors.

I don’t know if it’s because I fell on Friday night and my face is all banged up, which I guess you could call my rock bottom, but I feel different this time. I feel committed to my sobriety. As many of you know, I’ve been in and out of these rooms for lots of years now and haven’t been successfully sober for any long period of time. I pray that alcohol will never touch my lips again. I picked up my white chip yesterday at AA and went to a meeting today. I’ve been in touch with my sponsor although she’s on vacation. I really don’t want to mess this up. I think my whole issue was that I wasn’t fully committed. I wanted to be sober but also wanted to drink. I never really gave AA a chance before. And I want so badly what they have so I will keep going back.