Thread: Overthinking it
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
owen90

Overthinking it

I read a post recently which really struck home (I can't remember who it was, apologies). Just shut up and put the work in. Blunt but effective, lol. Don't overthink it. There is no need to post 6000 word rambling introspective essays. I've figured out that posting or even reading such long winded, repetitive drinking autobiographies is just my AV's way of delaying getting sober/staying sober. A distraction is good but I feel like people (including me) sit around searching for an easy short cut or a miracle sober quote that will save the day...it simply doesn't exist.

It is a simple formula that theoretically shouldn't be that hard to execute; change your daily routine and put the work in to get sober. If I don't want to work at it and mope around feeling sorry for myself, then I obviously don't want to get sober and will end up a sad, lost cause.

I've been sober for a few days now and I had to catch myself from sitting around contemplating the state of the universe instead of just getting on with my life minus the alcohol.

I hope you all have a good day!

Owen