Thread: Family bully
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 06:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Anaya

Originally Posted by SarahSmiles12 View Post
Sounds good, but just one thing: Can you rely on God instead of self only? For me, relying on self makes me just all the more afraid. When I am actively praying and meditating and working my program I just have this feeling that I will be alright. Just a suggestion.
Thank you for the suggestion. 🙏

I have become much more aware and connected to God, especially since my journey through cancer and how that affects life and the reminder that life is short, that I need to get things in order for what is to come.

Prayer, meditation, and exercise are big helpers; and honestly, just doing the "flight" part of the "fight, freeze, or flight" whenever it is possible, whenever I can, just getting the heck out of this house whenever I can, is also very helpful.

I no longer isolate much and am not near as "afraid" to let others know what is going on behind closed doors -- though, I have to choose in whom to confide very, very carefully.

For example, some of those in the family are actually "flying monkeys" of the spouse and to them, I will not disclose. I also recogize it is not endearing to others to try to triangulate and put them in the middle.

Thank you again for your kindness and support. It is so very greatly appreciated.