View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 12:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Phil71els

On to day 9 now. Feeling a little tense the last couple of days but I guess it takes a while for the brain to readjust and I know from experience that there are always more days at the start when you dont feel quite so good and also remember that as time goes by the good days become more frequent. Things will get better.
I am taking it one day at a time currently and I will not drink today. I do want to get to the point where I rarely feel the tug in the afternoons. That point where you dont even think about drinking and subconsciously this is OK and you can just live happily without the booze. I know it takes time and if I persevere I will get to that point again where I rarely think about drinking and there are no afternoons when I want to drink but I am inherently impatient. The late afternoons are tense for me and it makes me grouchy and generally a pain, it passes once I've had dinner but I hate that time and cant wait until it ceases to be a thing.
Today is my last working day for 5 days which is a good thing. I had wanted to get my current work into a state where I could leave it and forget about it until next Thursday but it seems increasingly likely that wont be the case. I intent to try to forget about it anyway until then.
I will have a look at the meditation videos on youtube, thanks Patcha.