Thread: Family bully
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Anaya

Darn, he's at it again. I work from home, employ of which I am on the phone with customers and while calls are being recorded, and during my shift yesterday, the bully had a meltdown, while wandering into my working area, screaming, threatening, and using profanity (financial issue that was not urgent, that could have waited for a later discussion and I had insisted can we speak about outside of work hours to which he continued his raging and ranting).

I am now wondering if I should clue my supervisor in on this problem (that I have no control over a mentally compromised family member's occasional outbursts) or just let it go and if, in fact, his outburst is recorded (management periodically reviews our calls, so it's possible they could review a call with his outbursts in the background) and if I am asked about it by management, should I wait and address it then, I wonder.

I choose to stay with this job, which is working well from me, and I have no choice but to work from home until probably the end of summer; my coworkers and I will eventually be placed back at the office.

Even were I to move to a room in my home where I could set up my equipment to work, where I could lock a door, he would find a way to get in, if, in fact, he wanted to.

Getting another job is out of the question at the moment.