View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bdonaldson13
Lucasigirl

Alcoholic sister

Hello,
My name is Brenda. I live in Iowa, my family lives in Los Angeles.. I grew up with a family that are Alcoholics. Not sure what the right term is for a person that drinks everyday but still functions throughout the day, but that would be most of my family.. I am the only one that doesn't drink every day but will occasionally.. Never been to fond of the stuff.. My sister is 44 years old has two young boys and is a partner in an Antique shop with my mother (she is 69yr. old) It has gotten to the point when Its my sisters day to work she is to drunk to go and my mother has to cancel whatever she has going on to open the shop and work it all day ( shop opens at 11:00 am) When my sister is in that state I myself cannot be around her or talk to her whatsoever or It will end with me putting her in check and I dont want my nephews to see that at all! Its hard for me to help my mother deal with my sister because I live so far away.. My mother is retiring in one year but as of right now she is wanting to end the partnership and be done with her.. My mother shouldn't have to cover for my sister.. Lord my mother is 69 she has doctor's appointments, buying inventory appointments etc. Anyway that is just the tip of the iceberg on this and would really appreciate anybody's option on what we can do for my sister...

Thank you,
Brenda