Old 06-10-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'M IN for another sober weekend! Thanks, Mags!
By my figuring, it's something like sober weekend #339 for me. 6 and a half years sober as of June 4.
Never gets old.

I'll be out in my kayak by 6 am fishing on Saturday morning. After fishing, we are going hiking. I also will spend some time working on the never-ending bathroom remodel. All of this, brought to you by sobriety. I might have done some of this on a weekend before sobriety, but I can guarantee I'd be feeling cruddy while doing it, and I seriously doubt I'd be up at 5 am heading to the fishing spot.

Happy birthday, Haris!
And congratulations on retirement, Hawkeye!

I can't wait to retire. I have had an excessively stressful week so far at work, and I don't get paid enough to put up with that amount of stress and responsibility (covering for other people who are not doing their jobs). It can't come soon enough. I will DEFINITELY take an early retirement. I'm turning 58 next week. I'm thinking 62 might be a nice age to hang it up. Should be possible if my finances don't collapse somehow. Grateful that even with yesterday's near panic attack at my desk, alcohol didn't enter my mind at all. It occurred to me as I was falling asleep last night that I hadn't even considered a drink as any sort of solution or comfort while I was crying at my desk. Things look better today (I finally made some other people understand that I needed help with the problem we are having).

Edited to add: That whale/kayak video freaked me out. I would have probably peed my pants. I'm still a little uncomfortable in my kayak on little lakes!!