Old 06-10-2021, 06:06 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Plenny, thanks for sharing. I think it’s important to get the feelings out of our heads, and in front of us, rather than burying them. I’ve shifted from being a person who let the feelings flow, maybe too freely, to stifling and suppressing difficult feelings. Part of that was just about not having time to let it flow, trying to get life done. Good for you for finding your way to expressing it. 💕

Happy, I’m not sure if this is part of what’s going on with you, but sometimes after a fun, social, but very stimulating time, my brain is buzzing, replaying the time, over analyzing conversations, or just plain overstimulated. It cause a strong restless feeling. I think that feeling has contributed to my relapses after making it that’s party or event sober. Sometimes, at least in early sobriety, I need to avoid situations that are too taxing like that. I think it’s why I relapsed last Saturday. I’d gotten through one big party, then there was another a week later. So, now comes figuring out how to manage that overwhelming feeling and not drink/use.

And all that rambling takes us to the awesome post made by Free!! Lots of good advice in creating new behaviors and healthy habits. Thank you for sharing Free. 👍🏻