Old 06-08-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
OneThingAtATime

Thank you everyone! You really are helping me to stay sober. I knew I had to do my wine:30 check in or I would have been sunk for sure.

I opened up the dress and took a pic of it, I just haven't figured out how to get it on here. Thank you all for getting me to open it. It is not an elaborate dress, it isn't black or red, but a nice navy blue and I have shoes to match it. I am over weight and that weight has taken years to get on me and is not going to come off magically. The thing I really liked about the dress is it has tummy control. If I wear a girdle, I can arrange the fabric nicely so I don't look like a stuffed pig.

Dee, thank you for being so wise. One day at a time is so important to remember and I didn't do that so well today. I had my whole week a disaster, into the weekend. I really never know how long my husband will be away, it could just be a one day job for all we know, but I did catastrophize it. That is dangerous.

I think the thing that I have to do most is take care of myself and know my limits. Pride does hit me hard and to ask my daughter to do something that I could normally do is hard. Asking for help is ok and honoring my limits is even better. Mowing the lawn was not my greatest idea.

I did do something nice today. It was for my Petey but it was still nice. He doesn't like being alone for long and he curled up on his lounge, face to wall and was pretty pitiful in his own way. I got him to sit on the couch with me and he promptly flopped down on my hand and was not going to let me go. I sat with him for way over an hour like that so he would be comforted. My good deed.

Thank you all. I am going to call this lucky 13 and finish my day.

Phoebe, congratulations to your son.

I will work on figuring out how to post this dress.

One Thing