Old 06-08-2021, 05:34 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Onething
I think its important not to get overwhelmed by too many things and too many leaps into the future.
They say one day at a time for good reason.

You can take it one day at a time and stay sober.

I also think you can plan for those 'full blown, 4 alarm pity party' days.

Use today as a template. What would you do differently?

Do something nice for yourself. Do something nice for someone else.

Do something, however small, that reaffirms your life and promotes the recovery you want so much.

and...feel better soon

D

Originally Posted by OneThingAtATime View Post
I am not having a good day.

I just don't ever learn and push myself well beyond my limits.

My husband has another job to go to up north. This is not a surprise, it happens often and I would bet that they will keep him out a good two weeks. It is only Tuesday and yet I see him not being home this weekend. I also knew that once I went outside, I would not want to come back in and I didn't, much to my Petey's dissatisfaction. I mowed the lawn instead and aggravated my back. I just push too hard, my daughter would have gotten to it. I spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool, by myself, reading and finishing my book. The pool was like a bathtub but I think the warm water helped.

I bought a dress that I saw on line for son's rehearsal dinner, if we even go. For the life of me I can't even open the package. I bought it because it is one I can wear anytime, so why not. Truth be told, it will always be the dress I bought to a wedding I just don't want to go to.

AV is kicking my butt right now. I thought that doing a wine:30 check in would help, but now I am the one sitting here crying.

My daughter is off with girls that she works with and won't be home for dinner. She is teaching summer school and they are all pretty much celebrating the fact they have small classes and pretty good kids. It really is great for them.

I didn't expect today to be so hard, but one doesn't plan for these days. That would be a ridiculous plan. This is a full blown, 4 alarm pity party.

What good would drinking do? I will really feel bad for lapsing, I won't sleep as well as I have been, I will feel bad tomorrow for sure.

I just have to remember that this too shall pass. I hate the highs and lows of getting sober.

One Thing