Old 06-02-2021, 11:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Weekenders 04 - 07 June 2021 - Pop, crackle and fizzle

Welcome to Weekenders

Mr. Mags suggested we buy a barbecue this week. For a second I had the old av (addictive voice) rear it’s head and a promise of all the fun of barbecuing with drinking too.

It was a desperate attempt from the av to feed me thoughts of drinking.

As BiminiBlue mentioned earlier this week, which I was akin too, I may get a wistful memory of alcohol but it’s soon squashed by the reality of it all....and a good strong sober toolbox.

I now recognise the many adverts painting a picture of enjoyable times with alcohol aren’t directed at me. They’re directed at ‘normies’ who drink sensibly, as their warnings say.

My weekends past were full of booze, falling over, blacked out and repeat. Pop crackle and fizz can never tempt me to ever partake in alcohol again.
~~~
If you’re seeing some similarities in your life and are wanting to stop or have stopped and not sure what next, stay around.

Weekends can be a tough time -and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier.
~~~
I’d like to share the following words, by one of SR members, which I found very inspiring and encouraging in my early sober days:

I will be here along with many others, all of us ex drunks and alcoholics. We are your scouts and can tell you what is on the trail ahead so you can be ready for any obstacles. I can tell you to come on! It is rocky and slippery but if you focus on where you place each step, you will have no trouble getting to where I am on the trail.

All of us can tell you where the potholes are, bumps in the road, and the slippery places, but we can't walk your path for you. We can only take joy as you succeed, and cheer, one and all!
~~~