View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 10:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jo43

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I don’t know how long you’ve been a couple, but, engagement is relatively early days in terms of a long term relationship or marriage. After 45 days sober, it would be loving and supportive if he congratulated you, and encouraged you. If trust has been broken, and you both want to work on regaining that, I agree with suggestions for counseling. Trust isn’t born out of demands and eliminating boundaries. Trust would mean he doesn’t need to check up on you. The power play is concerning. That element of the relationship might be worth exploring, in general.

I’m going to congratulate you on those 45 days, Jo! Keep it going. 💕

Hi Phoebe

we met in 2013, split in 2015 because of him and his commitment issues, got back together in early 2017 and been engaged since New Year’s Eve 2017 xx

I just feel it’s hard as looking at it when it all kicked off he was leaving me so I took my ring on then he allowed me to put it back on. I’m realising it’s pressure I don’t need. I just feel I’ve worked so hard these last 6 weeks and done so much to change not just the not drinking. I don’t feel that he appreciates how hard I’m trying and all I am doing. It’s just all about him. I suppose I just have to plough on and hope for the best xx