Old 05-26-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Willow00

Hi everyone
Good luck with your interviews BTG!
I know what you and Happy mean about the restaurant industry, I worked in restaurants and bars for several years and I drank a lot. But I do remember a couple of coworkers who didn’t drink at all. They always had their act together and never came to work hungover or called in sick because of hangovers. I remember one girl in particular that rarely stayed for after work drinks, and if she did it was only ever a soft drink, but she always seemed so happy and bright, and the customers loved her, and I remember thinking way back then (many years ago) that she really had worked out a better way to live. It is possible to live a happy sober life, and in hindsight she was a shining example of living a happy sober life. Sadly I can’t remember her name, I was already enmeshed in the darkness of the bottle in those days.

But no more. Not going back there again.

I found out last night that I have to go out to a pub restaurant tonight for dinner. It has been organised for my birthday by my partner so I can’t really not go. Two of my old heavy drinking buddies of many many years have been invited too, and I will have to remain very vigilant because I will be the only non drinking person there, and I just know that people will try to buy me drinks I think there’s about 10 people going. Not one of them will be sober. Except me. I will be sober. I will tell them all right at the start that I don’t want any drinks bought for me.
And I will be the sober driver and I have to work tomorrow.