Old 05-26-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Backtogood

Originally Posted by happylandfills View Post
BtG, I understand the fear of getting back to work. I've been "in between jobs" since September after four years in the restaurant industry. Something about waiting tables and serving food makes ya really want a drink. I get you. I'm glad you found a good SSRI for you- I'm on Zoloft and it really works for me. I actually just barely got a job again myself, I filled out the paperwork today. I start training tomorrow. My social anxiety is worse than it was last time I worked because I'm so nervous to have coworkers again. I've been craving anything that'll calm my nerves. We can get through this together!

I read one more page of my book with my boyfriend today. I started crying again, because the truth was really hard to face. I didn't realize how much I had been harming myself and the book had exactly what I had been going through nearly perfectly on the paper. It was almost scary to read, how accurate it was. I'm gonna have to take it one page at a time because it's really overwhelming.
Thx Happy, yes the restaurant industry and drinking go hand in hand. And the thought of new co workers/people after 2 years of isolation can be overwhelming! We can get thru it Keep reading your book, one page at a time, one day at a time.