View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

My old friend used to drink too much. So did I. We both don't drink anymore.

We changed our lifestyle to a non drinker. Some people don't drink.

I asked my buddy, do you remember what getting drunk did for you?

He said:

1. He got euphoric. All his problems melted away. Even though they were still there, they didn't matter. I agreed.

2. He felt like superman. Not sure what that means, but I think it means he would jump off roofs or something. I never felt like that. Luckily.

So, I decided that I could pretend I was drunk. I would just pretend I didn't have any problems. Like a day dream.

Some folks call this meditation. Some folks call this gratitude.

I call it sober life.

I list my issues on my phone. Even if they are wrong. For example: I am a spoiled rotten brat. I make too much noise when my wife is sleeping. I bang around the house too much. I am passive aggressive.

Then I list a solutions. Even if they are wrong. For example: every day is a day to make things better. Today I am going to spread love love love. I am going to smile more. I am going to not be an angry driver. I won't honk my horn when the guy cuts me off. I will mop the kitchen floor. etc etc.

Anyway, that is how I deal with troubles. I am blessed to not have financial issues right now, but I have other issues. We will always have issues.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks.