Old 05-18-2021, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FarFromHeaven

Lie to me, convince me that I've been sick forever

Good evening, members of SoberRecovery, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community. I hope that I am able to be as supportive, insightful, and strong as all of you have been and I commend you all for embracing your recovery in such a genuine and pure way. I still struggle with the idea of sobriety. The vulnerability, honesty, and trust that comes with knowing there is a brighter tomorrow through sober eyes is such a foreign concept to me. All I know is that I'm tired..and I've been running for far too long.
I am an alcoholic. I said those words for the first time yesterday afternoon and, in that moment, I could breath for the first time in my entire life. However, I've never discriminated in regards to my addictions over the years. Anything that allows me to run away from this reality has always been good enough for me. Until now. Now I know that I deserve better. And somehow, that is the scariest part of all. I'm not sure why this is, but I know one day I'll find the answers. And I won't have to lie to me anymore..
I look forward to all of you being a part of my journey, and me a part of yours. We can't walk this road alone..and we don't have to.